Wednesday 11 May 2011

The News is Out!

You’ll know from our home page that I’m moving on at the end of term.

One of the things I’ve learnt over the years is that change is inevitable and that nothing stays the same. I’ve had eight unforgettable years at Moorside, but I’ve decided that now is the time for me to do something new.

Like Moorside, Marden High is a great school with great staff, students and community support. However, it offers a completely different set of challenges from those I took on here in 2003. If I tell you that Marden already has very high academic standards and that it’s full and oversubscribed, you’ll know what I mean. My job is to make it even better.

So you’ll understand that I’m very excited by the prospect of what lies ahead of me.

You’ll also understand that I’m very sad to go.

Especially, if you’ve read these blogs over the years. If you look back on them, a common message has been my intense pride of what Moorside stands for and of the great things which we have achieved through brilliant team work.

Well, those achievements will not change. Everyone knows what we’ve accomplished and they’re historical facts. What Moorside must do now is take full advantage of the transition to academy status and , knowing the people involved, I’m sure this will occur.

Anyway, another action packed term lies ahead. Year 11 are working hard, I’m glad to say, so we’ve high hopes of GCSE results. On Monday, there’s a meeting about America Day, date still unknown. I’ve already been asked to dress up as Abraham Lincoln – I’ll have to think about that one, especially if it comes with an invitation to the theatre. I’m accompanying the educational visit to France, there’s another football training camp in Spain, we’ll be meeting the students starting year 7 in September...I could go on.

Oh, and look out for my video blog about how we use new technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment